Wednesday, April 6, 2011

FILIPINO BREAKFAST

tapa Beef tapa for breakfast is my all time favorite Filipino breakfast. Served with garlic rice, eggs and coffee is the ultimate breakfast. I often dip my tapa with vinegar before mixing it with my garlic rice. Through the years, I’ve developed my own recipe because it was getting more and more expensive to buy the pre-mixed tapa.

Here is my recipe which I have featured before but made it even tastier.

1 kilo beef sirloin
1 1/2 Tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt (fine salt)
7 Tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
3 1/2 tablespoon vinegar

Mix all ingredients.
Let stand for a few hours.
Store in the refrigerator for 24 hours or longer before storing in the freezer.

It’s best to marinate the beef overnight as the flavors seep in more.

Divide the 1 kilo marinated beef into separate plastic bags so you can just cook them per batch.

Now if you can’t wait to cook beef tapa, just hop along to the nearest Jollibee restaurant, Max Restaurant or any restaurant for that matter. Almost every restaurant serves beef tapa as their Filipino breakfast fare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

FOOD RECIPES Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template